Our Minneapolis client is looking for an Interactive UX Designer to work with a cross-functional team of designers, developers, and product managers to improve and maintain the company's public websites and secure client applications. In this role, you will collaborate with core UI team members to develop repeatable design patterns, establish development standards, and help maintain the component library.
*** Please include link to your portfolio with your resume
Location: Downtown Minneapolis, MN
Role duration: estimated to be 12 months with potential for extension.
MUST HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Extensive understanding of graphic design fundamentals (typography, color theory, layout, etc.)
- Strong attention to design details and functional nuance
- Strong HTML/CSS experience
- Working knowledge of JS (behavioral prototyping)
- Fundamental understanding of Git
- Ability to clearly communicate design ideas to designers, non-designers and business stakeholders
- Strong experience with Photoshop and/or Illustrator and/or Sketch, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to inspire others
- Ability to work within a highly collaborative team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Work with a cross-functional team of designers, developers, and product managers to improve and maintain the company's public websites and secure client applications.
- Collaborate with core UI team members to develop repeatable design patterns, establish development standards, and help maintain the component library.
- Understand business objectives, as well as customer needs, in order to articulate how design can address them.
- Work closely with cross-functional feature teams to deliver features in support of business objectives.
- Extend and improve the company's UI design language, development standards and component libraries.
- Collaborate with front-end engineers to implement UI components within platform constraints.
- Actively participate in design critiques, code reviews and team retrospectives.
- Help improve team culture.
- Be curious, engaged, approachable and self-reliant.
- Stay current with a rapidly changing industry and share knowledge with others.