Our Minneapolis financial services client is looking for a Business Systems Analyst. In this role, you will be the sole analyst on the reporting workstream for a conversion program, and will work closely with both business and technical partners to execute on end to end project deliverables.
Location: Downtown Minneapolis, MN
Role duration: estimated to be 12 months with potential for extension.
MUST HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Strong BSA experience
- Financial industry experience
- Experience with business analysis activities and deliverables (as is process flows, to-be process flows, business and user requirements, data dictionary, business rules, use cases)
- Proven skills at finding linkages through gap analysis
- Experience creating detailed documentation
- Experience with project analysis, methodology and project life cycles
- Ability to understand and apply technology as it relates to the business
- Experience planning and leading work efforts
- Experience with Quality Center
- Strong working knowledge MS Office Suite, including Visio
- BETA product knowledge
- SSRS Reporting experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Self starter and can work independently without oversight
- Ability to build and sustain relationships
- Document standard operating procedures and process flows for the organization to reference.
- Gather and maintain data and ensuring accuracy of the data for reporting and analysis.
- Create reports and determining the appropriate report design for various audiences.
- Refine reports and models used to conduct analysis effectively.
- Perform statistical analysis, modeling, and other quantitative techniques in order to answer business questions, assess business issues and/or recommend courses of action to meet business objectives.
- Perform user acceptance testing and ensuring the test results meet defined criteria in order to meet the business objectives.
- Act as a liaison between business leaders, staff and utility functions in order to drive knowledge transfer.
- Provide on-going business and technical support to field reporting for all advisor channels.
- Adhere to prescribed project methodology to ensure compliance with process.
- Collaborate and negotiate to define project scope boundaries.
- Contribute to project plan, detailing analysis tasks in the plan and provide estimates and updates to those tasks to the PM.
- Lead and facilitate interviews and/or requirements sessions to define, document, and prioritize business and user requirements.
- Lead and drive business discussions to facilitate decision making.
- Actively participate in systems requirements and design walkthroughs to ensure understanding and traceability to business needs.
- Develop the user acceptance test plan, test conditions, test cases and scripts.
- Execute test plans and test cases on a scheduled and ad hoc basis.
- Contribute to implementation planning and post-implementation tracking.