Local candidates only
Java Developer to support and extend running applications and assist in the design and development of new applications. In this role, you will develop Groovy/Spring/Akka web applications.
Location: Richfield, MN
MUST HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Strong application software development experience
- Test Driven Development experience
- Strong Spring knowledge
- High comfort level with Unix/Linux command line
- Experience developing Spring/Java/Groovy/Maven applications
- Experience in MQ (Rabbit/IBM/JMS/AMPQ)
- Experience in developing/consuming REST Services
- Object-oriented programming and experience
- Working knowledge of Design Patterns
- Experience with emergent design and paired programming
- Experience with Unix/Linux command line
- Strong unit-testing skills (Spock)
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
- Agile development experience
- Ability to take high level design discussions, create user stories, and further break those stories into tasks.
- Experience as a Technical Lead on a large application development project
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration environment
- Experience with functional testing frameworks
- Experience with NoSQL Cassandra
- Develop Groovy/Spring/Akka web applications.
- Aggressive refactoring.
- Support and extend running applications
- Assist in the design and development of new applications
- Evaluate and refactor in a rapid manner.
- Work in an agile environment.
- Test-driven development and pair programming.
To be considered for this role, you must apply online AND submit your answers in the subsequent application form you will receive via email.
- Describe your experience with paired programming. What do you like about pairing? What do you not like?
- Describe your experience with TDD.
- What does refactoring mean to you?