Our Minneapolis client is looking for a Cloud Design Engineer to work closely with architecture, security and operations roles to design, implement and automate the delivery of cloud infrastructure components to support business objectives.
Location: Downtown Minneapolis, MN
Role duration: estimated to be 6 months with potential for extension.
MUST HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Strong technical computer experience
- Strong experience in engineering, building or supporting virtualized compute environments
- Strong experience with virtualization technologies including all components in VMware’s Software Defined Data Center
- Strong experience with IaaS and PaaS solutions in leading Cloud Service Providers (AWS, Azure, IBM SoftLayer, Google)
- Experience automating and orchestrating the provisioning of application and infrastructure services and capabilities
- Ability to write code to integrate and automation components through use of APIs
- Deep understanding of networking concepts, technologies and design/integration points
- Familiarity with software defined networking concepts
- Strong working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies, testing techniques and approaches
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation tools (Ansible, ServiceNow) including API integrations
Deep knowledge and working experience with the following technologies:
- Enterprise Virtualization: (vSphere, vSAN, NSX)
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux (RedHat, CentOS)
- Scripting Skills: Ansible, PERL, PowerShell, Python, Shell
Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) capabilities such as:
- VMWare Certifications
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to be flexible with a “can do” attitude
- Ability to remain professional in high pressure situations
- Route 53
- Lambda scripts, etc.
- Responsible for engineering, development and automation within the company's public, private and hybrid cloud environments.
- Work closely with architecture, security and operations roles to design, implement and automate the delivery of cloud infrastructure components to support business objectives.
- Collaborate with peers to engineer, implement and support delivery of application and infrastructure services that are capable of supporting business and customer needs across public, private and hybrid cloud environments.
- Create and maintain documentation of detailed engineering design artifacts, diagrams, standards and build specifications.
- Promote and ensure the use of appropriate tools, techniques and methodologies during all design, build and automation processes.
- Collaborate with project management, service providers and other technical teams during the development, launch and continuing refinement of solutions designed and implemented.
- Contribute to a solid, reliable and scalable engineering culture that drives continuous automation and continuous quality improvements.
- Identify improvement and enhancement opportunities to existing processes, platforms or capabilities with focus on automation, availability and security.
- Provide innovation and thought leadership in the selection, implementation and use of tools and best practices.
- Maintain up-to-date skills in relevant technologies.