Our Minneapolis financial services client is looking for a Business Project Manager to create and coordinate multiple concept estimates for three new projects. In this role, you will be the single point of contact (SPOC) and manage the delivery of the end-to end solution including technology, communication/training to the end-users, servicing of client and advisor calls, legal and compliance aspects of the project, and business processes.
*** Please place the size of the budget next to each project on which you have worked on your resume to be considered.
Location: Downtown Minneapolis, MN
Role duration: estimated to be 12 months with potential for extension.
MUST HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Strong Project Management skills across a broad range of business units and work components
- Experience in managing budgets ranging from approximately $5MM to $10MM+
- Strong financial management skills including experience with creating / updating monthly forecasts, and review of actuals and variances
- Experience identifying and managing the critical path of big and small project efforts
- Proven track record of implementing projects within scope timeline and cost
- Understanding of the systems development life cycle and project implementation methodologies
- Experience with facilitating core, owner and steering committee meetings.
- Strong relationship and collaboration skills
- Coordinate multiple concept estimates for three new projects.
- Act as the single point of contact (SPOC), to manage the overall project.
- Manage the delivery of the end-to end solution that will include technology, communication/training to the end-users, servicing of client and advisor calls, legal and compliance aspects of the project, business processes, etc.
- Identify and manage the critical path of big project efforts as well as a couple of smaller project efforts.
- Deliver projects within scope, timeline and cost.
- Hold resources accountable for delivering on the project plan, including providing coaching and mentoring of resources across a broad range of business functions as well as vendors and internal technology deliverables.
- Adhere to the approved project methodology for project management and maintains project artifacts and records.
- Identify and track key measures of success for the project.
- Provide clear concise project communication for different audiences.
- Provide internal and external stakeholder communications and progress reports that effectively outline the project status, risks, issues and action plans to ensure project success.
- Analyze project performance, create cost benefit analysis and identify optimal solutions that minimize the negative impact and trade offs.
- Implement corrective actions to ensure project success and facilitating project change requests.
- Escalate to the Steering Committee/Project Sponsor risks and issues with potential significant impact.
- Work with business partners, vendors, technology, and project management staff to develop the project agenda and ensure agreement/adoption of project objectives/deliverables by all affected constituencies.
- Transition project into daily business operations at the end of the project.