Local candidates only
> MUST have recent/strong financial industry background.
> This position is not for a technology PM or an infrastructure PM although a solid understanding of the systems development life cycle and project implementation methodologies is required.-
Our Minneapolis financial services client is looking for a Business Project Manager to to manage the overall project, and be the single point of contact (SPOC). In this role, you will manage the delivery of the end-to end business solution that may include technology, communication/training to the end-users, service delivery for client/advisor calls/service, legal and compliance aspects of the project, etc. The ideal candidate will have Advisor Platforms and Compensation knowledge/experience.
Location: Downtown Minneapolis, MN
Role duration: estimated to be 12 months with potential for extension.
MUST HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Strong experience as a Project Manager
- Project Management skills across a broad range of business units and work components
- Strong, recent financial industry background
- Experience identifying and managing the critical path of projects
- Experience implementing projects within scope timeline and cost
- Financial management skills including experience with creating/updating monthly forecasts, and review of actuals and variances
- Strong executive presence and experience with facilitating core, owner and steering committee meetings
- Ability to influence and create the appropriate governance, monitor and control for the effort
- Strong understanding of the systems development life cycle and project implementation methodologies
- Advisor Platforms, Compensation and Supervision knowledge/experience
- Financial products knowledge
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to drive results
- Hold resources accountable for delivering on the project plan, including providing coaching and mentoring of resources across a broad range of business functions as well as vendors and internal technology deliverables.
- Adhere to the approved project methodology for project management and maintains project artifacts and records.
- Identify and track key measures of success for the project.
- Provide clear concise project communication for different audiences from core teams to owner teams to steering committee members.
- Provide internal and external stakeholder communications and progress reports.
- Analyze project performance, creating cost benefit analysis and identifying optimal solutions that minimize the negative impact and tradeoffs.
- Implement corrective actions to ensure project success and facilitating project change requests.
- Escalate to the Steering Committee/Project Sponsor risks and issues with potential significant impact.
- Work with teams to develop the project agenda and ensure agreement/adoption of project objectives/deliverables by all affected constituencies.
- Transition project into daily business operations at project completion.