Local Candidates Only
Candidates need current unrestricted, valid MN Driver's License and access to a reliable, insured vehicle
4+ years of Windows Server Administration experience
1+ years of project experience
Windows Server Administrator to install, support, and maintain the Virtualization and Hardware Platforms (i.e. Citrix and Horizon View 6.2) in conjunction with the Windows Servers infrastructure within the company's network, ensuring window server and virtualization environment availability by resolving issues and provided service management support. In this role, you will work within IS&T to provide project support and technical guidance. This position is responsible for on-call support 24/7 on a rotating shift.
Location: Richfield, MN
MUST HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Expertise within Windows Server Administration
- Experience with Hypervisor Technologies, VMWare vSphere and Citrix XenServer
- Strong understanding of disaster recovery and service continuity
- Strong understanding of IT infrastructure
- Experience developing and reviewing capacity plans
- Experience developing complex system(s)
- Experience developing and maintaining architectural plans
- Proficiency at providing IT server support
- Virtualization / Hardware, Infrastructure troubleshooting skills
- Project management experience
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Ability to be on-call 24 hours by 7 days a week
Hands-On Experience with Citrix Suite of Products (versions 7.x)
- Citrix Provisioning Services
- Experience with Cisco UCS Hardware technologies
- Strong communication skills in technical and non technical subjects
- Ability to communicate clearly to varied levels and businesses within an organization
- Ability to write technical documentation
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Install, configure, maintain, administer and integrate vended systems, third party application servers and system software and hardware within the Windows Environment.
- Coordinate system hardware and software testing with development teams to ensure transparent implementation and appropriate capacity.
- Coordinate and perform firmware upgrades and patch management to Operating System and Application software.
- Review, analyze and assess Vendor's proposed changes, upgrades and needs.
- Investigate and propose solutions for development and customer needs to improve reliability, continuity, and maintainability for Windows systems hardware and software.
- Monitor and ensure that backup data and resilience methods are scheduled and functioning appropriately.
- Resolve and document resolution for incidents, partner across IS&T to ensure continued availability.
- Install, upgrade, maintain and service infrastructure software such as Exchange, Rightfax and Citrix, Horizon View 6.2.
- Review the Forward Schedule of Change to ensure that capacity planning for Windows Systems software and hardware needs are available and that systems and applications will not be impacted through implementation.
- Model potential changes within the Systems Architecture and provide a gap analysis regarding the need for tuning or changes that will enhance system performance.
- Participate on midsize to major projects.
- Evaluate the technical performance of newly acquired/generated products or systems with appropriate testing and analysis to minimize risk to production systems.
- May review, mentor, and provide technical guidance towards Associate and Intermediate Administrators deliverables.