Our St. Paul area client is looking for a full time SAP Functional Analyst. If you have 3+ years of SAP Financial experience, this might be a great opportunity for you.
Job Title: SAP FTM Functional Analyst
Employment type: Full time employment
Our St. Paul area client is going through an exciting period of change driven by the implementation of a new enterprise wide business system-SAP. We have an exciting opportunity on our SAP Center of Excellence Team. Processes and technology will require employees to learn new skills and capabilities and we are currently seeking an analytical, detail-oriented, collaborative SAP FTM Functional Analyst III. This role includes a technology and business process focus.
As part of your role, you’ll work as part of the SAP functional team to develop an understanding of the SAP system, including learning how to configure and the SAP software in preparation to support it as we deploy it to the business.
- Work directly with the finance, accounting, FSS (shared services), and other business areas to understand/improve the business processes supported by the SAP software solution area assigned as well as gain an understanding of the underlying business requirements being supported.
- Learn the SAP software, it’s design and setup, how to modify it and test it in assigned areas including complex cross functional configuration.
- Engage in creating/updating documentation needed by various teams in the process of providing support to the SAP software solution.
- Work with finance and business end users on issues that they are experiencing, including troubleshooting, analysis, and issue replication in a non-production environment.
- Take ownership of issues and problems in SAP in your assigned areas; troubleshoot, propose solutions, work to confirm solutions, implement and unit test.
- Participate in integration test cycles as a tester; learn how to use the testing tool for script maintenance and recording results.
- Participate in deployments of SAP to additional branches distribution centers.
- Lead efforts within your business stream as well as across business streams to design/support the end to end business process and to ensure that SAP changes in your area have the desired down-stream impacts.
- Lead project efforts within your area of expertise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree. Preferably in one of the following areas; Business/General management, IT/Management Information Systems, Finance/Accounting or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and financial/business language.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and build strong working relationships with all levels within the organization.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and task follow-up skills in a fast-paced and changing environment. Adept at handling multiple assignments in a timely manner and meeting assigned deadlines.
- Willingness to work extended hours that may be required to meet project deadlines.
- 3-5 years of SAP finance experience; Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, OpenText, Treasury, General Ledger, and FSCM Biller Direct, Dispute, Collections, and Credit Management.
- Experience with SAP as a specific Enterprise Resource Planning platform.
- Experience supporting and implementing solutions for a company with finance shared services model leveraging an ERP system.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues as required.
- Highly self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to learn quickly and deliver results.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience with project planning desirable.