Our St. Paul area client is looking for a full time SAP Functional Manager. If you have several years of SAP FTM experience, including in a managerial role, this might be a great opportunity for you.
Job Title: SAP Functional Manager - FTM
Job type: Full time employment
The SAP Functional Manager will work in a collaborative team environment. Role works closely with customers from a strategic perspective to identify and maximize opportunities to promote the strategic use of information technology, and enable the work force to use technologies specifically business applications as a competitive tool. Provides corporate leadership, vision, and direction for Business Applications, Application Architecture and Security in support of the enterprise’s business objectives and requirements. Leads and leverages people and business solutions to improve and maximize business process.
- Design, create and document business process and related SAP system design for SAP
- Lead complex business requirement discussions. Gather, evaluate and document business needs and requirements and translate these into functional specifications.
- Participates in project and design reviews to evaluate and ensure that the design being applied meets design policies, principles, and standards.
- Responsible to drive changes and enhancements through the change management process, including project management, communication with stakeholders, users and developers, performing functional unit tests, coordinating user acceptance testing, cutover tasks and ongoing support.
- Support project assessments & initiation by articulating scope, risks and estimates.
- Responsible for design and configuration of specific functions that are assigned to you as a subject matter expert
- Work with other functional teams to ensure components work together to meet the operational, integration, quality and performance goals of the solution.
- Lead overall issue resolution in SAP including performing diagnostics, resolving technical integration and performance issues. •Leads complex projects across streams.
- Provides technical and professional mentorship to reports.
- Provides candid and direct feedback to reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of SAP FTM experience including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger and FSCM Biller Direct, Dispute, Collections and Credit Management
- Expert understanding of the integration between ECC and other applications such as content management systems, bank interfaces, EDI interfaces and Win Shuttle.
- Expert understanding of the integration between SAP components as well as third party applications
- Demonstrated ability to work with and influence senior level management and key stakeholders
- Experience leading as a team player that plans and executes to meet deadlines, while promoting a positive work environment.
- Proven track record achieving results in complex situations.
- Good planning/project management skills.
- Experience working with multiple businesses and/or international subsidiaries on transformational initiatives
- Ability to convert business needs into technical requirements.
- Proven ability to identify, focus, and own, high priority tasks to manage delivery to project timelines.
- Awareness of the wider field of information technology and broad understanding of information systems architecture and techniques