** 10 years of Managed Accounts experience required. **
** 15 years of Project Management experience required. **
Our Minneapolis financial services client is looking for a Project Manager responsible for the overall end-to-end ownership of one or more key projects or releases. In this role, you will plan and effectively manage all aspects of the project including cost, schedule, scope, quality and project resources following the appropriate methodologies.
Location: Downtown Minneapolis, MN
Role duration: estimated to be 12 months with potential for extension.
MUST HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Strong Project Management experience
- Strong financial industry experience specifically on managed accounts
- Strong understanding of business functional areas and management issues
- Strong experience managing $5 – 10M projects within the financial industry within scope, schedule and cost
- Understanding of IT organizations systems and capabilities
- Experience managing project plans, time lines, test plans, resources and budgets
- Experience driving cross-functional and cross-organizational teams to meet project objectives
- Expertise in project management methodologies (both waterfall and Agile), processes and industry standard tools
- Strong experience working with executive leadership
- Ability to quickly grasp the business concepts, rally people across a wide range of business areas and drive outcomes
- Experience with financial advise in a managed product environment
- Managed Accounts experience and understanding
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and to effectively manage within it
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to formally present project related information in a clear, concise and persuasive manner to all levels
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization
- Deliver an annual portfolio of complex projects with total budgets ranging from approximately $1MM to $5MM+ through effective management of budget, schedule, scope, quality and risk.
- Identify project resource requirements including on-shore, off-shore, employee and contractor resources.
- Work with plan sponsors to ensure adequately skilled resources are available to deliver on project commitments.
- Ensure project tracking and status are maintained appropriately.
- Provide regular status reporting on plan progress, and ensure all company standards are followed.
- Ensure appropriate testing and quality reviews are conducted and receive sign-off.
- Create and manage the overall project readiness plan and communicate impacts to appropriate stakeholders.
- Lead and participate in regular post-implementation reviews and present project metrics to assist with evaluation of project quality.
- Provide regular status reporting for assigned releases.
- Log, track and escalate high priority project issues that may impact ability to deliver a quality project according to plan.
- Work effectively with business partners, vendors and staff to develop the project agenda.
- Ensure agreement/adoption of project objectives/deliverables by affected constituencies.
- Provide proactive project communication to project owner.
- Work to identify cross-organizational interdependencies and ensure appropriate integration to project plan.
- Manage client expectations and resource requirements to ensure ownership and success.
- Overall business and technology project communications
- Milestone tracking
- Resource planning
- Risk assessment
- Contingency planning
- Escalation and resolution of critical issues